201 East Oakland Park Blvd,

Oakland Park, FL 33334

USA

(754) 312-2990

Oakland Life

Did you know ?

Oakland Park was first incorporated as the city of Floranada in 1925.

Four years later it was incorporated at the city of Oakland Park, named for the massive oak trees lining the Middle River.
Oakland Park was the first municipality in Florida to organize a public safety department and to initiate a recycling program.

Local natives called the area Colohatchee:
Colo was for the Collier
Hatchee was their word for river
Colohatchee originally encompassed an area that covered part of Fort Lauderdale, Wilton Manors and Oakland Park and for the next three decades was a sparsely settled farming community.

Oakland Park's population grew from 463 in 1930 to 41,363 in 2010!

Oakland Park

The original post office, built in 1926, was also the grocery store. (Courtesy/Oakland Park Historical Society)

Fort Lauderdale

In 1939, President Franklin Roosevelt appointed Mildred Delegal as the town's first postmistress on condition she build a post office. (Courtesy/Oakland Park Historical Society)

Learn more about our Coffee and Juice Bar!

Oakland Coffee & Juice Bar

201 East Oakland Park Blvd

Oakland Park 33334

USA

(754) 312-2990